Wednesday 9 June 2010

TREASURED TIPS FOR JUNE

      HERBS AND VINEGAR



Fill a small jar with washed dried herbs such as basil, thyme, lemon balm experiment with your favourites. Pour over white vinegar to the brim, put the lid on tight and place your jars on a window sill out of direct sunlight for a month, giving them a good shake everyday. After a month strain off into small bottles or jars. These make lovely gifts don't forget to label and date. Enjoy!








 GENERAL PURPOSE CLEANER

Mix 2 pints of water with 4 teaspoons of bicarbonate  of soda and  half a cup of vineger, mix and keep in a spray bottle, this is much more cost effective than any major brand and better for the enviroment.






Would you like to contribute a Treasured Tip. We have 3 weeks of June left, lets see how many we can get. Cate x

5 comments:

I_Made_This said...

Hi Cate
great tip.have just posted a blog.hope you are well B :-)

sylviesgarden said...

Hello there, thanks for popping into my blog and saying hi. You have a lovely blog and such sweet doggies.

Manchester has changed so much since the bomb. There are so many new buildings it can be very confusing.

I look forward to seeing what you are going to put in your new shop. Take care, Emma x

Jille said...

Thanks Cate for dropping by, I found the poem when I was doing supply this week, so it's not mine! It would be good in the staffroom so feel free! I'll try and find ot who wrote it.
Jill x

Tabbyroo said...

Hi Cate, thanks for popping by.I like your blog it all looks very interesting and colourful,I'm just starting to find my way round the 'blogging world'!Linda x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cate,
What a wonderful idea for making an herb and vinegar jar! Thanks for your sweet comment! And yes I now have something to try with my herb buckets! I also love your tip for that all purpose cleaner I'm definitly gonna give a try! I have used baking soda and vinegar by just sprinkling and pouring the vinegar which makes for some fizzy fun, but never thought about mixing it in the bottle! No harsh chemicals! All natural!
Love your idea for finishing June of with some tips. I will have to give it a thought and I will post it with a link to you! Great fun!
Elizabeth