Sunday 6 February 2011

A Fishy Tail :)

I found this pretty 50's jug last week, I remember my Grandma having one with matching glasses, I always loved that set and I am hoping to find the frosted  glasses to match or at least something near, can't wait for the carboots to get going again.

I have always liked old cutlery and have collected a few bits here and there but no fish eaters as they are called. I found a nice set on E Bay recently and so I gave he who does the bidding a small hint, low and behold a parcel arrived 



 even the box is lovely it's lined in satin this isn't a very good picture

I was really pleased to get an almost matching set of servers as well which I didn't know about


Valentine who needs a chocolate heart I would rather have a fish fork and you  :)

  I think I will do some baking tomorrow I have beeen looking through cookery books again, I hope I'm not the only one to take them to bed to read, I have a couple or 20 to share with you one day most are old and sometimes funny.
Enjoy whats left of the Weekend
Cate x

ps I'm off to a Hindu Temple on Tuesday with the class If I can I will take my camera

6 comments:

Nelly said...

I so love your cutlery set awesome buy.

Unknown said...

Beautiful 50's frosted glass i collect it, and i have the same jug but mine doesnt have the flowers and the same in pink with the glasses which is great for lemonde in the summer. Look forward to seeing your photo's from the hindu temple enjoy, dee x

Tabbyroo said...

Yes I read cookery books in bed as well!Jamie Olivers 30 minutes meals at the moment.Lovely vintage finds Linda x

sylviesgarden said...

Love the jug!
x

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty vintage finds!
Have a wonderful day!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Love the jug. I do like your cutlery. My friend has a collection. The only drawback is that you can't bung 'em in the dishwasher!