Sunday 30 October 2011

Betty Butter

Betty Butter bought a bit of better butter
The butter Betty bought was bitter
So Betty bought a bit of better butter

or so the poem goes something like this :) try saying this after a drink ( of milk )

I had a large tub of cream lurking in the freezer, lets use it I thought, apple pie with lashings of double cream, it looked ok but for some reason it was very grainy when defrosted, not one to be defeated as I hate waste I thought I would have a go at making butter, it was so easy,
looks like everyone will be getting homemade bread and butter for Christmas :)
This isn't a very good picture but now I have the bug I am going to try using the paddles and stamping my mark just like they did in the old days
  Does anyone know where I can buy one of these

Bye for now
Cate x


2 comments:

petals and vintage said...

I could not think of anything better. Homemade bread with homemade butter...yummo....I didn't know that you could freeze cream (?)
Pam x

Mum said...

Betty Botter bought some butter,
'But,' she said, 'This butter's bitter.
If I put it in my batter,
That will make my batter bitter.'
So she bought some better butter,
Better than the bitter butter.
And 'twas better Betty Botter
Bought a bit of better butter.
Love from Mum
xx
Good luck with the Christmas activities. Been there, done that!