Saturday 18 February 2012

Buttons and Bows

"Why are you taking pictures of buttons"?  I was asked "because" I said.

 Now I know you all love buttons as much as I do, these are a few of the ones that were given to me through a collegue at school, sadly the elderly lady who had them can't see any more and asked my collegue if there was anyone she knew who might want them, only bloggers would understand my thrill when I got them home.
I have split them between my tins, the heart shaped tin is rather old now, it had Roses chocolates in it.
When my daughter was young she would sit for ages just going through the tin, she now blames me for her obsession with all things Vintage. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a house home thats easy to clean through lack of junk treasure. I also have a few other tins of things, one being ribbons, I can't ever throw ribbon  away even the bits off our Christmas Crackers went in the tin how sad is that?

  and last some of my lace, I do use some on my brooches almost reluctantly :)
 I feel the tablcoth come doily collection is getting a bit out of hand, but I can't stop, I buy them with the intention of unpicking the lace to use, but never do.
Do you have a problem ? go on tell,  it will make you feel better, I promise.
 And finaly
Back to reality next week half term over.
Have a good where ever you are and thanks for listening to my rambling
Cate x

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oohhh lovely buttons, its quite sad really in a way bless the old lady she collected them all well. She will be so pleased though to see they have gone to a good home. My Aunty Phylis who is in her 80's gave me all of her vintage buttons i used them to make my heart cushion with and i still have loads left. I think only a women would understand the thrill of looking through a tin with them in my best friend postively drools ;-)) Have a lovely weekend, dee x

Elizabeth said...

Lucky you! What a wonderful collection of buttons! Totally have the same addiction with ribbon I have some in jars and boxes!
Funny about your lace addiction my sister and I where just talking about our latest obsessions, she has been on a role collecting all sorts of crafty things and I have been on a thrift store shopping roll. :]
Love this post!
Have a lovely week!
PS.. thanks for the great idea with lining my jars! I think I may just have to do that!

Anonymous said...

I love buttons too! I was lucky enough to have a load given to me too. Would you believe they were going to be taken to the tip if I hadn't rescued them. The buttons were all colour sorted and in old Flora tubs. I don't think I will ever have to buy a button again!

Unknown said...

*hands up* yes I have a button addiction too! :) x

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never seen such a collection of buttons! I'm like that with ribbon though, once I see a pretty ribbon, I have to have it :)
Best wishes,

R xx

http://rebecca-daydreambeliever.blogspot.com/

Claire said...

well, my obsession is tea cups. I have so many my husband just raises his eyebrows at me.
I have a box of vintage buttons and several jars of ribbon and lace and i almost dont want to use them, i just love looking at them!

Lisa @ .Simply Me. said...

That lace is gorgeous!!! I would also have difficulty using it, incase I messed up a design or got it covered in glue or something (but then, I am very clumsy!)

xx Lisa @ Simply Me