Saturday 3 March 2012

Pretty vintage lamp

Just popping in to show you this lovely little 50's lamp my daughter bought last week I had ummd and ahhd about it for a couple of days, I hadn't mentioned it to her, funny how we go for the same things.
It's red at the base but has a pale pink shade and is operated by a battery. I can just imagine it in some little girls room in the 40's or 50's.
The next three pics are a bit random I took them just because I thought  they looked nice, I tend to take these pics when I'm on my own as I do get some strange looks, you would think they would be used to my blogging  by now :)

These were found in the pantry when we moved in years ago. I'm glad I kept them.
My lovely husband bought these for me, he knows how much I like ducks, they are nodding salt and pepper pots.
Well that's all for now, I am doing ok with the homework so this is my time off for good behaviour :)
bye for now, hope your all enjoying the weekend.
Cate x

6 comments:

petals and vintage said...

It all just looks so lovely. The ducks are gorgeous! xx

Aunt Jane's Attic said...

Hi to you to Vintage Mum and I look forward to following your blog, love your finds, the ducks are so cute. Julie xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous finds love the ducks ;-) dee x

A Treasured Past said...

Hi Cate, great that you have some time away from studying. I hope all is doing well. The little candle box is pretty cool, as with the interesting little lamp. Enjoy your week, Tx

The Vintage Knitter said...

I remember that candle box design from when I was little in the 70s!

I_Made_This said...

Hi Cate
The lamp is lovely and I am not at ll surprised your daughter bought it for you
Hope you are all well
Love Barbara and Malcolm x.x.x.